- To conduct regular peer-reviewed conference in India, so as to provide a dedicated platform for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among transportation researchers, educators, managers, and policymakers from India and all over the world, from a perspective which is multi-modal, multi-disciplinary, multi-level, and multi-sectoral, but with an India centric focus. Initially, this conference will be held every two years; however the frequency may change as per the decision of TRG from time-to-time.
- To publish a peer-reviewed journal of good international standard that considers and recognizes quality research work done for Indian conditions, but which also encourages quality research focused on other developing and developed countries that can potentially provide useful learning lessons to address Indian issues.
- To conduct other activities such as seminars, training and research programs, meetings, discussions etc., as decided by TRG from time to time, towards fulfilling the mission and vision of TRG.
- To identify pertinent issues of national importance, related to transportation research, education and policy through various activities of TRG, and promote transportation researchers, educators, managers, and policymakers in an appropriate manner to address the same.
- To collaborate with other international societies and organizations like, WCTRS, ASCE, TRB etc., in a manner that work towards fulfilling the mission and vision of TRG.